Daily Grind is a local coffee house on the edge of Uptown, the business and historic shopping center of Martinsville, and is located at 303 East Church Street. They are a good spot for what I call “fru fru coffee” and a good hot lunch. It’s been a while since I’ve been by so I figured it was a good time to see what was new. I left having had the good lunch that I had expected and a wine club membership that I hadn’t expected.
So, here’s how I understand that the wine club works:
- You tell them if you like red or white wine and give them a credit card to keep on file.
- Every month they will pick a variety of wines – a tier 1 wine that will run $15 to $20 and a tier 2 that will run a little more.
- You are pretty much promising to buy at least one bottle but you can opt for any of the selections. For instance, I signed up for tier 1 but I can opt to buy the tier 2 bottle if I prefer. Not sure if you can “opt down”.
- They’ll send out an email with the selections available and you let them know what you’d like.
- They’ll make the order and let you know when it arrives so you can come pick it up.
Easy peasy, right?
Pre-covid, they would have a wine tasting every month for $15 and club members got a discount on purchases. That is suspended temporarily while we work through this trying time but he said that they are looking forward to starting back when we eventually get the “all clear”.
As a coffee and lunch space serving the business center, Daily Grind is about what you’d expect. You can get your coffee, a copy of the local Henry County Enterprise, and a choice of pastries.
To give you an idea of their menu, today’s specials were:
- Road Runner – smoked turkey, cheese, sauteed spinach and egg your way with chipotle & mayo on white bread
- Pecos Bill Sandwich – chicken, bacon and cheese with chipotle & mayo on white bread
- Pumpkin Spice Latte (yes, it’s that time again)
- White Pumpkin Mocha
- Strawberry Smoothie
One of the things that is really nice about The Daily Grind is their outdoor seating. It sits at the T-intersection of Church Street and Cleveland Avenue. Just down the hill is the Martinsville Middle School (beautiful building, by the way).
And, looking the other way, you see the edge of Uptown Martinsville. This is very probably the best spot for people watching in the whole of the Martinsville/Henry County area. If someone knows of a contender for the title, please let me know so I can check it out.
If you are interested in joining either their craft beer or their wine club, there is a mention of it on their website https://www.dguptown.com/wine-club or you can email them to request info at dailygrinduptown on gmail.
Be sure to like their Facebook page too for more current specials.
They’ve already made their September distribution for the wine club so I’m looking forward to see what I get for October.
Update: They haven’t made their pick and distribution for September yet so I’m in luck! I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes. 🙂
3 thoughts on “Did You Know Daily Grind Has a Wine Club?”
I miss a good fru fru coffee shop. I live in a weird farm town / corporate everything area.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Do you know that I think of that coffee shop you took us to often? I think you had a hot chocolate. I still picture it in my head and go mmmmmmmm. 🙂
I will await your wine results with excitement! I think the best way to discover new wines you might like is through something like this. Now I am fairly adept at discovering good bottles for less money, since I know what will appeal to me. It sounds like I will need to stop off at the coffee shop also during my visit. 🙂